Monday, July 28, 2008

My two best songs!!

I love music. At the same time I like to dance.Though its been a long time I had a good dance (Mo's bach eve- I think..),I never loose sight of the current trend in music;I cant even cos my kid brother's also crazy about music and would update me if and when I'm not.

For me,its necessary to always have some music playing device in my bag, either an mp3,ipod or my large memory fone (I have the 3)....so in other words, everytime u walk past my office, you'd see earphones stuck in my ear phones stuck in my ears.Infact,music sets me in the right mood for the day...Or shows how happy I am (cos then I get to sing out aloud and dance or shake my head in the elevator on my way to work).

I like all kinds of music...infact ,my collection's split into gospel(for days I feel in the spirit) and non- gospel(for days I feel like rocking).From rap,to soul to R & B,to jazz,to hip hop,fuji,apala,reggae,gospel,et al.I especially like Nigerian music,makes me feel connected to my people,and makes the dancing sweeter and more Nigerian...

I've got best songs depending on the wave they make at that point in time, (like I get to delete some old songs on my phone after I get tired of them and need to free space to take more songs),however,there're some songs I just cant do without listening to and I'm sure will keep for a very very long time,like songs from Asa(all tracks in album) and 9ice....

Yes 9ice.I love his kind of music...Blending the very local yoruba raps with bits of english,in his very yoruba accent.I like the way he twists and turns Yoruba like he's some Kanye West. Infact there're 2 of his songs I listen to,nothing less than 5times a day(depending on how busy I am)- Sreet Credibility and Photocopy- I love the lyrics,and I dedicated some time to writing them out...

Excerpts...

PHOTOCOPY

INTRO
I be the new born king
new born king
CHORUS
Photocopy ko easy
You can never be like me
This is my identity
Teni teni, takisa ta tan
Apalara, igunpa ni yekan
Oba ara, Adigun ni baaleAlapomeji
Erinlakatabu baale Alapo plenty
VERSE 1
I told ya
You can never be like me
9ice, no be for free
Ko gba agidi, e ya lo ka A B D
E k' A B C, e joo same na ni
Itakun to so gba,
Tolohun o so yegede
Melo la fe ka
Ninu ehin adipele
I told ya
Egbe isu ko n'iyan
ajura wa lo jo
ani tijakadi ko
Ko ni jelo lati lo gbo superstar
I rock area,
only time to think about
I'm lyrically allowed
so you don't have to doubt
HOOK
If I no dey your partyYou know you are missing
You know omo ele no go plenty
You know guys no go happy
Cos they wan feel my rhyming
Adigun Alapomeji
REPEAT CHORUS
VERSE 2
Ko le ye won
bomi se wo inu agbon
Lafe ani, awon alayonuso
ko si bo se le se to, ma fi ta won yo
Fakoyo, ju won lo, awon ati baba won.
current na me dey champion
Ilesanmi, mo lo dun j'oye lo
In this game, no actor
Akoka top son, carry on
Am like a tanwidi
And I go spread all over you like a disease
Epo bintin ti n boju ole je ni mi
Peace be unto those wey dey respect me
Enemies of blessing now, make you leave
my rhymes are so hot, they make you think
I place them on beats
Soon its dancing
REPEAT HOOK
REPEAT CHORUS
VERSE 3
9ice mi ile titi
Na the same beat I dey use
No be film trick
monkey yato si chimpanzee
I'm a coded tune pick,
who wan tackle me
Ere taja fogun odun sa kii faajin
ni f'eshin mi, adigun always moving
kaka ko remi, omo ma mure lodo
Omo akin ni mi, e o ti poto
Teba gbe ina kari, E ma ba ekun ni buba
Ogun odun taja ti s'eleyi, igbo l'obo wa
Orin n be n'ile, oro nbe l'agbala
Awon to binu ori, awon ma ti sun jaja
Eyin to sagidi, won ma ti retire.
REPEAT HOOK
REPEAT CHORUS (x2)
Yeko easy (x3)photocopy ko easy
STREET CREDIBILITY( with Tuface)
Verse 1
My name and game
Striking so hot
make you go insane
I be the chosen one
I remain oba ara of Naija land
My brain brain working all day
Like say I no be man made
The streets keep urging me to do more
Once more I come up with this brand new one
Bone animosity
I be the great one
Amebo e so ra yin I'm beyond your beef talk
Ojumo kan, imo kan, ere kan, ara kan, asa kan
Just like Chameleon
Olomo si kata l'oba agbado
Igi mu jina s'ori I think you should know
So, Abegi ooooo
Oba o le pe meji l"aafin
E ma lo ji soro
CHORUS
We"re the most incredible
Out of NaijaStraight from Naija
Street Credibility,
We get am
Check my fans,
Walahi aya e a ja
No be lie, hear am
No be lie, hear am
No be lie, Eyin mu j'abe lo
No be lie, Kinihun l"oba eran
Verse 2
[2face] As I come here before you
I go talk am as I see am
I no go use any sugar cover am
Call me your mallam
but I know you understand am
And I still go dey stress am
Say we no dey use gra gra do am
We always peacefully do it very nicely
We always try to wahala nobody
It's 2face and 9ice
Guaranteed to always always nice up your party
I know it sounds like bragging
But it"s true that I"m talking
Can't deny God's blessing Right now
we're at a zebra crossing
No cars are passing
It's just reality flashing
Owo cho je la lo ma-aaaa
enya,enya lo luku ma-aaaa
Dis one e no be shakara-aaaa
Dis one is surely confir-aaaa-med
REPEAT CHORUS
Verse 3
[9ice] Categorically I'm the best- Mentally
No gainsaying I'm the cutest - Physically
Don't doubt meI go bring home grammy
Incredibe, remarkable, unbeatable, palatable, reliable, yeah
Gudugudu, akinkanju, arakangudu, okunrin ogun,
yeah!! I"m made on the streets Why I no go blow
Originality work for me Why I no go show
Asa wa, ede wako sohun to da to
Na me dey want To the streets I belong
Enemy is a must if you want blow
Omo na turn by turn
Beg baba God make e reach your turn
If e just be, omo plenty by turn
Anyhow e go be omo just focusOn your way to the tooooop
REPEAT CHORUS x 2
Little money soonest spending
T'o ba l'owo je k'awon padi e je n'be, je n'be, je n'be, je n'be, je n'be,
Gongo aso, kutupu ahu
Anywhere I dey
You are my african queen
No be small thing o

No comments: